Graham and Ray are deep into the whiskey, and are mumbling their way through this episode, which is ostensibly about whether an artificial computer intelligence can be …wait for it… artistic. Be forewarned: there was a weird hum when we did the recording, but it was removed in post-production. As a result, the audio quality might be a bit less than optimal. In this episode, we return to our regular “Facts & The Furious” and “The Celestial Emporium of Benevolent Knowledge” segments. Also, Graham spoils the ending to the movie, Her, because that’s what he does; and Ray plugs the great science-fiction novel, Spin.
Links from today’s show:
- “A novel written by AI passes the first round in a Japanese literary competition”
- “Meet Nadine, the ’emotionally intelligent’ companion robot”
- “Google’s AI Can Dream, and Here’s What it Looks Like”
- “These Abstract Portraits Were Painted By An Artificial Intelligence Program”
- “Trump Deep Nightmare: Google’s Deep Dream AI run against a Donald Trump speech”